Die Informations-Plattform für Ziegensittich- und Springsittichhalter

"Kakariki" bedeutet auf "maori" Laufsittich

Moderator: Jorla

Re: Hey all, very pleased to be here

Beitragvon Ziegenhirte » Sa 13. Aug 2011, 16:35

Oh, i see, you did find the english corner by yourself. I just wrote in your welcome-post, that you can do so.

So nice to meet you here and i hope you will enjoy this forum.

If there's a topic in german you want to answer to and the german words do not come to your brain, so just write english - no problem :ziege:klatscht:
Das Kakariki-Paradise beantwortet bereits viele Fragen von Euch, oder besucht uns doch auch auf facebook oder YouTube
Ziegenhirte
Administrator

Beitragvon gerda » So 14. Aug 2011, 09:59

That would be great, saves me a lot of time translating with the help of online dictionary's . Besides, I have yet to find one that really works.. most produce rubbish.

However, writing in German makes good practise for me. So I won't give up trying to make some sense.

I am a moderator for a New Zealand kakariki site. Lots of great info there as well. Maybe you know it.. if not, here's the link; http://www.kakariki.net
Since my name is almost impossible to pronounce in English ( sounds more like someone gurgling his throat with some yukkie medicine ) I use the nick name Gee there.

Have a nice sunday!

Dutch greetings,

Gerda
gerda

Beitragvon Ziegenhirte » So 14. Aug 2011, 10:47

gerda hat geschrieben:I am a moderator for a New Zealand kakariki site. Lots of great info there as well. Maybe you know it.. if not, here's the link; http://www.kakariki.net

Me and my german friends have no access to this site anymore, i'm a registered user since long time but suddenly there's only an errormessage

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Apache/1.3.29 Server at kakariki.net Port 80
"

I tried to contact the adminstrator through an e-mailfriend in New Zealand (Luis Ortiz-Cathedral), but the problem couln'd not be resolved.

This error existst so long, i even do not know my username and pass anymore.
We like the kakariki.net very much and we would realy be very glad, if you could help us to join the page again :ziege:klatscht: :ziege:klatscht: :ziege:klatscht:

So,what do you think about the kakariki-paradise?

greatings to the netherlands George
Das Kakariki-Paradise beantwortet bereits viele Fragen von Euch, oder besucht uns doch auch auf facebook oder YouTube
Ziegenhirte
Administrator

Beitragvon Hühn » So 14. Aug 2011, 11:48

I can´t access the Kakariki.net anymore as well......perhaps it got to do something with the german IP Adress?

Edit: I have tried with my Blackberry an there it works.....

Provider or IP Adress, what´s the problem? :Ziege:kartz:
Hühn

Beitragvon gerda » So 14. Aug 2011, 13:20

Ziegenhirte, Huhn,

I've sent Steptoe, site admin of kakariki.net, an E-mail to ask if he can help you guys out.

@ Ziegenhirte;
You asked: So,what do you think about the kakariki-paradise?

It's fairly young isn't it?
I like it. I like the style in which you guys communicate. It's respectful and I can sense you really love your kakariki and do your very best to take real good care of them.
I also like the lay out of the site and the smileys.

I do however dissagree with your translation of the maori word kakariki being Laufsittich. I believe the correct translation is " green"
Ma= white
Whero =red
Karaka= orange
Kakariki=green

I find the Ernährung thread very interesting. It gave me a few ideas i had not thought of myself.
However, judging by the pics I see on here, I have a feeling your kakariki are fed a whole lot of fruits and berries daily. Fruits are very high on sugar.
I am pretty sure you do give them more than just that, but I find it hard to find such info on your site.
Now, this could be my lack of understanding German well enough!
If so, please forgive me! But I miss info on how to balance their food, thus making sure they have all of everything daily. Vitamin A, calcium, selenium, lysine, arginine, phosphorus, iodine, etc.

But, overall, you guy's do a whole lot better than most kakariki owners here in the Netherlands.
I find the average cage sizes adviced here in Holland way too small.
And sadly, a lot of kakariki here are fed mainly seeds and eggfood because they think veggies and fruits give them diarrhea.

So, keep up the good work!
Kakariki are fairly new to Europe.. and as long as a lot of new owners think of them as being big budgies,sites and forums like yours are essential!

Kind regards,

Gerda

P.s.. reading this back, I find it sounds as I am a bit of a know all, sorry for that and trust me I am soooo not!
There is still lots for me to learn. In fact the more I learn about kakariki, the less I seem to know.

And that's why I am very happy you welcomed me to this site and why I will keep coming back to your site and every other site I can google . I find kakariki to be very intriguing and love them to pieces.
gerda

Beitragvon Ziegenhirte » So 14. Aug 2011, 15:26

Yes, we startet the forum in june. It is thought to be the forumpart of the "Kakariki-Paradise". This hompage startet at february 2009. Here's the link: http://kakariki-paradise.de/HTML/KAKARIKI_PARADISE.HTM , if you didn't find it yet.

As we got our first kakarikis, there was only rare information how to feed them, how they behave and what they realy need to live. We looked for help in some forums, visited the kakariki.net and then we found dagmar (Hühn).
We learned, learned, learned, visited the natural habitats in new zealand to learn even more about the kakariki. But what we found there that was not the kind of information that was common here in germany. With the kakariki-paradise we tried to start an new kind of source how to care about this fantastic animals.

In the hompagearea there are a lot of informaion how to feed kakariki correctly, so they eat well-balanced everything they need. The meaning of the "Frischfutter-Thread" is to show, what these birds may eat ecxept of the lot of seedings. It shows the fresh fruits, veggies, grases of the season as source for minarals, vitamins and so on.

Yes the translation of kakariki is not exact, but its a title and there is not enough place to discribe the way of the correct translöation of the word "kakariki" to the birdname "kakariki" and at least to the genus Cyanoramphus, wich was at the beginnig of the settlement in new zealand "only one bird" and not the in fact five species.
Therefore we wrote there "bedeutet" "it means" to show that "Laufsittiche" is not the exact translation of the word "kakariki".

The kakariki-smilies are selfmade an the pictures of the layout are fotos made in new seeland by myself and my wife. The pictures of the red-fronted paraceets on the side of the forumwindow are made in Otoharanga.

So thanks for your feedback and your postings. Your'e very welcome here and maybe you have some friends that want to discuss here with us the needs of our kakariki-pets as well.

greetings Georg
Ziegenhirte
Administrator

Beitragvon gerda » So 14. Aug 2011, 15:41

You've been to New Zealand??? WOW!!!! :ziege:klatscht:

New Zealand and Australia are @the top of my " Bucket List"

I had no idea this forum had a home page. I found you by googling " kakariki forum" . I'll check it out, thanks for the link!
Sorry for misinterpreting the word " "bedeutet". :Ziegen:schaem:
gerda

Beitragvon Ziegenhirte » So 14. Aug 2011, 16:17

gerda hat geschrieben:You've been to New Zealand??? WOW!!!! :ziege:klatscht:
New Zealand and Australia are @the top of my " Bucket List"

Look here, i just started a thread
Ziegenhirte
Administrator

Beitragvon gerda » So 14. Aug 2011, 16:31

Georg,

I've spent some time @ your home page and... I am speechless... what a GREAT source of info!!
Thanks for creating it and for leading me to it.
If you like, I would not mind giving you a hand translating into English or even Dutch.
No strings attached. You don't even have to mention my name or anything. It's just that I find it so sad there's such a lot of BS on the net about kakariki. The more people have access to your info, the better!
gerda

Beitragvon Ziegenhirte » So 14. Aug 2011, 17:27

gerda hat geschrieben:Georg,

I've spent some time @ your home page and... I am speechless... what a GREAT source of info!!
Thanks for creating it and for leading me to it.

Thank you for the compliment!

gerda hat geschrieben:If you like, I would not mind giving you a hand translating into English or even Dutch.
No strings attached. You don't even have to mention my name or anything. It's just that I find it so sad there's such a lot of BS on the net about kakariki. The more people have access to your info, the better!

From the beginning of this project, we wanted an english version of the kakariki-paradise. Dagmar began to translate some pages but there is sooo many information yet that we had to capitulate.

Shurely, it would be great, if you took this work.

But there is one problem!
The kakariki-paradise works with frames, not with cms-software. Everything is written in HTML.
I'm planing to update my homepage since long time, but it's so much work....

The easiest way to translate it would be to do so on your home-pc, offline. With a simple visualling html editor like the elder versions of netscape youre able to open every page with a click on your mouse :ziege:wessnix:

But its much, much work
Ziegenhirte
Administrator

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu The English Corner